The CHFI v8 Program certifies individuals in the specific security discipline of computer forensics from a vendor-neutral perspective. The CHFI certification will fortify the application knowledge of law enforcement personnel, system administrators, security officers, defense and military personnel, legal professionals, bankers, security professionals, and anyone who is concerned about the integrity of the network infrastructure.
A CHFI v8 certified professional will be able to understand:
- The process of investigating cyber-crimes and the laws involved, as well as details in obtaining a search warrant.
- Different types of digital evidence, rules of evidence, digital evidence examination processes, and electronic crime and digital evidence consideration by crime category.
- Roles of a first responder, first responder toolkit, securing and evaluating an electronic crime scene, conducting preliminary interviews, documenting electronic crime scenes, collecting and preserving electronic evidence, packaging and transporting electronic evidence and reporting the crime scene
- How to recover deleted files and deleted partitions in Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- The process involved in forensic investigation using Access Data FTK and Encase Steganography and its techniques, as well as steganalysis, and image file forensics
- Password cracking concepts, tools, types of password attacks and how to investigate password protected file breaches.
- Different types of log capturing techniques, log management, time synchronization and log capturing tools.
- How to investigate logs, network traffic, wireless attacks, and web attacks
- How to track e-mails and investigate e-mail crimes and many more.
- Computer Forensics in Today’s World
- Computer Forensics Investigation Process
- Searching and Seizing Computers
- Digital Evidence
- First Responder Procedures
- Computer Forensics Lab
- Understanding Hard Disks and File Systems
- Windows Forensics
- Data Acquisition and Duplication
- Recovering Deleted Files and Deleted Partitions
- Forensics Investigation Using AccessData FTK
- Forensics Investigation Using EnCase
- Steganography and Image File Forensics
- Application Password Crackers
- Log Capturing and Event Correlation
- Network Forensics, Investigating Logs and Investigating Network Traffic
- Investigating Wireless Attacks
- Investigating Web Attacks
- Tracking Emails and Investigating Email Crimes
- Mobile Forensics
- Investigative Reports
- Becoming an Expert Witness
The CHFI program is designed for all IT professionals involved with information system security, computer forensics, and incident response.
- Police and other law enforcement personnel
- Defense and Military personnel
- e-Business Security professionals
- Systems administrators
- Legal professionals
- Banking, Insurance and other professionals
- Government agencies
- IT managers