Acquiring the knowledge necessary for effective planning, managementÂ and optimization of 3G networks in HSPA+ technology.Â The course provides a complete overview of the accessÂ network from the Air Interface, continuing with the functionÂ analysis of protocols and communication & traffic channelsÂ used in the network. The course also explains cell planning andÂ 3G radio optimization techniques reviewing the principles andÂ the application in the HSPA+ access architecture.
- 3GPP Standards e Releases
- UMTS network architecture
- UTRAN Protocols
- CS and PS coexistence
- Wideband CDMA and Spreading
- Rake Receiver
- Modulation and coding
- MAC, RLC and RRC layers
- Power Control
- Soft(er) Handover procedures
- Coverage and link budget issues
- Admission Control and Load Control
- Evaluation of interference
- HSPA and HSPA+
- MIMO and Dual Carrier
- Full IP architecture and IPv6
- UMTS Backhauling
- The course is intended for TLC technicalÂ personnel involved in 3G mobileÂ network planning or operation.
- GSM/GPRS network architecture skills.
During the course we will propose exercisesÂ based on the use of softwareÂ simulators and on the completion ofÂ block diagrams. We execute real testsÂ of data connectivity in order to evaluateÂ and discuss scheduling issues, planningÂ and dimensioning of the accessÂ network.