In this course, students will understand the foundation of cloud-based technologies as a business model and main functionalization. Topics such as cloud computing business benefits, needs and trends will be emphasized. The student will familiarize their selves with the main concepts and terminology on these technologies: SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, resource pooling, virtualization, pay per use, etc. They will also learn how to evaluate, integrate and implement cloud technologies (private, public or hybrid) from small to enterprise businesses.
- Identify the benefits of cloud computing.
- Select end-user cloud technologies.
- Support the business case for cloud computing.
- Apply cloud computing models.
- Integrate cloud services.
- Select and implement free SaaS solutions.
- Select and implement paid SaaS solutions.
- Select SaaS solutions for medium to enterprise businesses.
- Integrate SaaS solutions.
- Select PaaS solutions.
- Select IaaS solutions.
Lesson 1: Identifying Business Benefits of Cloud Computing
- Topic A: Cloud Computing Models for Business Needs
- Topic B: Analyze Business Trends in Cloud Computing
- Topic C: Evaluate Cloud Service Models
- Topic D: Evaluate Cloud Implementations
- Topic E: Identify Emerging Trends in Cloud
Lesson 2: Selecting End-User Cloud Technologies
- Topic A: Select Native Applications
- Topic B: Select Web Applications
Lesson 3: Supporting the Business Case for Cloud Computing
- Topic A: Business Benefits and Concerns
- Topic B: Provider Benefits and Challenges
- Topic C: Evaluate Cloud Deployment Options
Lesson 4: Applying Cloud Computing Models
- Topic A: Applying Cloud Models at the Provider
- Topic B: Implement Cloud Models at the Customer
- Topic C: Address Challenges in Cloud Implementations
Lesson 5: Integrating Cloud Services
- Topic A: Plan Domain Name Integration with Cloud Services
- Topic B: Implement Cloud Service Access
Lesson 6: Selecting and Implementing Free Software as a Service (SaaS) Solutions
- Topic A: Select SaaS for Personal Use
- Topic B: Implement a Free SaaS Solution
Lesson 7: Selecting and Implementing a Paid SaaS Solution
- Topic A: Identify Corporate SaaS Requirements
- Topic B: Select a Paid SaaS Solution
- Topic C: Implement a Paid SaaS Solution
Lesson 8: Selecting SaaS Solutions for Small Businesses
- Topic A: Select SaaS Accounting Solutions
- Topic B: Select SaaS Storage Solutions
- Topic C: Select SaaS Project Management Solutions
- Topic D: Solutions
Lesson 9: Selecting SaaS Solutions for Medium-sized to Enterprise Businesses
- Topic A: Select SaaS CRM Solutions
- Topic B: Select SaaS Marketing Solutions
- Topic C: Select SaaS Enterprise Resource Planning Solutions
Lesson 10: Integrating SaaS Solutions
- Topic A: Determine Business Needs for SaaS Integration
- Topic B: Integrate SaaS Solutions
Lesson 11: Selecting Platform as a Service (PaaS) Solutions
- Topic A: Classify PaaS Solution Benefits
- Topic B: Select PaaS Solutions for Small Business
- Topic C: Select PaaS Solutions for Medium and Enterprise Businesses
Lesson 12: Selecting Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Solutions
- Topic A: Compare IaaS to Traditional Infrastructure Solutions
- Topic B: Compare IaaS Providers
- Topic C: Select an IaaS Solution
- Designed for system administrators or prospective system administrators who have one year of experience working with Windows Server who want to develop their evaluation, selection, and implementation skills for cloud services, including Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
Experience with basic client and server deployment, configuration, and use. This includes: network connectivity and server-client configuration, installing Windows or Linux servers, using administrative tools, configuring system properties, and configuring networking settings.
These levels of skills can be proven by taking the course:
CompTIA Network+ (Exam N10-006)
CompTIA Linux Powered by LPI