This course enables participants to align Cisco architectures, solutions and services with a customers strategic vision and technology needs. Participants will enhance their skills in executing a consultative, business-led sales approach.
Activities train on how to use Ciscoâ€™s strategic IT planning (roadmap building) approach to uncover customer priorities, IT capability gaps and financial drivers for Cisco-related IT investments. Participants build skills necessary to gain customer acceptance as a trusted advisor.
This training covers the following topics:
- Understanding a customer business strategy and priorities
- Moving beyond IT to engaging with Line of Business stakeholders; building credibility
- Identifying how Cisco architectures and solutions address customer IT capability gaps
- Running a workshop aimed at gaining stakeholder agreement to a roadmap of IT projects
- Effectively presenting to senior executives
- Understanding financial concepts; creating inputs for a business case.
The course prepares students for the 820-432 BTROAD exam required for earning the Cisco Business IT Roadmap Specialist certification.
This course has been retired. “See other Cisco courses available.”
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Adopt a consultative, business led sales approach to customer engagements.
- Conduct a workshop to capture business strategies, objectives and requirements.
- Apply Ciscoâ€™s approach to building a roadmap of strategic IT initiatives, aligned to the customerâ€™s business priorities.
- Develop and position a business case for the roadmap to include Cisco Architectural propositions, solutions, services and related offerings.
- Convey roadmap benefits, gain customer executive buy-in and commitment for action.
Day One: Introduction
- Enterprise Architecture: Frameworks, Methodologies and Benefits
- TOGAF and ITIL: Introduction and Relevance
Day Two: Consultative Selling and Business â€“ Focused Engagements
- Business Transformation and IT-Enabled Change
- Ciscoâ€™s Architectural Plays and Solutions Overview
- Using your Personal Story to Boost Credibility
- Competitive Landscape and Differentiation
- Business Finance: Concepts and Approach for Quantifying Value
Day Three: Business Consulting-Roles and Styles
- Building Skills for Consultative Selling
- Planning and Conducting Successful Client Meetings
- Identifying and Managing Stakeholders
- Establishing Rapport
- Active Listening
- Planning and Leading a Planning and Discovery Workshop
- Essential Ingredients of a Successful Workshop
- Planning and Conducting a Workshop
- Assess Workshop Outputs and Implications
- Analyzing Opportunities and Gaining Support for Change
- GAP Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Questioning Approaches and Handling Objections
- Understanding Change Management
- Presenting Findings for Maximum Impact
Day Four: Building an IT Roadmap: Part 1
- Aligning IT with Business Priorities
- Building a Strategic IT Roadmap: Introduction, Approach, Roles, Resources
- Customer Vision Workshop: Planning and Execution
- Building Architecture and Solutions Relevance
Day Five: Building an IT Roadmap: Part 2
- Discovery and Current State Assessment
- Creating an Architectural Framework and Roadmap
- Gaining Agreement: Call to Action
There are no prerequisites but it is recommended that students have passed one of the following exams or have equivalent knowledge:
- Advanced Borderless Networks for Account Managers (650-377)
- Advanced Collaboration Architecture Sales Specialist (650-367)
- Data Center Networking Solution Sales (646-985)