Engaging with customers through a business value approach leads to new revenue opportunities and higher account loyalty. Sales and services professionals can provide customers with more value in a shorter time period – especially when clearly-defined needs can be addressed with standard or mature solutions.
Through the course, participants will learn new analysis techniques and improve consultative selling skills. This training covers topics such as:
- Understanding the elements of a business value engagement.
- Identifying and engaging with key stakeholders.
- Assessing a customerâs business model and motivations.
- Identifying benefits associated with Cisco architectures, solutions and services.
- Understanding financial concepts which influence customer investment decisions.
- Applying an overall framework for successful customer conversations.
This course prepares professionals for the Cisco Business Value Fundamentals exam (#810-420). A passing score on this exam is a requirement for earning the Cisco Business Value Specialist and Cisco Certified Business Value Practitioner designations.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Articulate the benefits of a Cisco Business Value engagement
- Engage with customers using business value terms
- Use basic tools in a Cisco Business Value engagement
- Understand fundamental financial terminology and concepts
- Read and interpret financial documents
- Understand the basis for evaluating investment decisions
- Create a Business Case for customers.
- Module 1: Understanding Business Value
- Module 2: Boosting your Credibility
- Module 3: Establishing a View of Business Needs
- Module 4: Refining your View of Business Needs
- Module 5: Finance and Business Value
- Cisco Channel Partners with Sales Role
- Employees with Sales Role
Prior to attending, it is highly recommended that students have completed the following training courses or have equivalent knowledge:
- Selling Business Outcomes (OUTCOMES)
- Cisco Sales Essentials (CSE)