The CompTIA Cloud+ certification validates the skills and expertise of IT practitioners in implementing and maintaining cloud technologies. Cloud+ accredits IT professionals with the constantly changing and advancing knowledge they need to be successful in todayâs cloud environment.
CompTIA Cloud+ covers competency in cloud models, virtualization, infrastructure, security, resource management and business continuity
1.0 Cloud Concepts and Models
- Compare and contrast cloud services.
- Compare and contrast cloud delivery models and services.
- Summarise cloud characteristics and terms.
- Explain object storage concepts.
- Explain the differences between hypervisor types.
- Install, configure, and manage virtual machines and devices.
- Given a scenario, perform virtual resource migration.
- Explain the benefits of virtualisation in a cloud environment.
- Compare and contrast virtual components used to construct a cloud environment.
- Compare and contrast various storage technologies.
- Explain storage configuration concepts.
- Execute storage provisioning.
- Given a scenario, implement appropriate network configurations.
- Explain the importance of network optimisation.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot basic network connectivity issues.
- Explain common network protocols, ports, and topologies. 3.8 Explain common hardware resources and features used to enable virtual environments.
4.0 Network Management
- Given a scenario, implement and use proper resource monitoring techniques.
- Given a scenario, appropriately allocate physical (host) resources using best practices.
- Given a scenario, appropriately allocate virtual (guest) resources using best practices.
- Given a scenario, use appropriate tools for remote access.
- Explain network security concepts, tools, and best practices.
- Explain storage security concepts, methods, and best practices.
- Compare contrast different encryption technologies and methods.
- Identify access control methods.
- Implement guest and host hardening techniques.
6.0 Systems Management
- Explain policies and procedures as they relate to a cloud environment.
- Given a scenario, diagnose, remediate and optimise physical host performance.
- Explain common performance concepts as they relate to the host and the guest.
- Implement appropriate testing techniques when deploying cloud services.
7.0 Business Continuity in the Cloud
- Compare and contrast disaster recovery methods and concepts.
- Deploy solutions to meet availability requirements.
The Cloud+ course is suitable for those who have already got a working knowledge of around 12-36 months of IT networking, storage or data centre administration, and who would like to be in a position to gain a CompTIA Cloud+ certification.
If youâre a beginner to IT and Cloud computing, we offer a Cloud Essentials course which may be a more suitable introduction.
It is recommended you have the following (but not essential):
- Certification in CompTIA Network+ and/or CompTIA Storage+
- At least 24 months of work experience in IT networking, network storage, or data center administration