Our McAfeeÂź Endpoint Security 10X Administration course provides an in-depth introduction to the tasks crucial to set up and administer McAfee Endpoint Security (ENS). McAfee Endpoint Security combines threat prevention, firewall, and web control to take immediate action against potentially dangerous applications, downloads, websites, and files. This course combines lectures and practical lab exercises, with significant time allocated for hands-on interaction with the McAfee Endpoint Security user interface, as well as detailed instructions for the integration of this solution.
- Describe the solution, including key features, benefits, and enhancements within this latest release.
- Plan the deployment.
McAfee ePO Server Overview
- Identify and navigate through commonly used McAfee ePO pages.
Preparing the McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator On-Premises Server
- Add required packages and extensions to the McAfee ePO server.
Deploying the Client Endpoints
- Deploy the Client Endpoints.
Using the McAfee Endpoint Security Client
- Log in as an administrator and navigate through theÂ client interface.
Policy Management Overview
- Describe the purpose of McAfee ePO polices and communicate about key terms and concepts.
Configuring Common Settings
- Configure common settings that apply to all McAfee Endpoint Security modules and features,Â suchÂ asÂ ClientÂ interface, Language,
- Logging, Proxy server for McAfee Global Threat
- Intelligence (GTI) reputation, and Update configuration.
Threat PreventionâConfiguring Access Protection
- Describe Threat Prevention Access Protection features, and configure Access Protection settingsÂ toÂ meetÂ customer requirements.
Threat PreventionâExploit Prevention
- Identify Threat Prevention Exploit Prevention features, and configure Exploit Prevention settingsÂ toÂ meetÂ customer requirements.
Threat PreventionâConfiguring the On- Access and On-Demand Scanners
- Describe Threat Prevention On-Access Scanner and On-Demand Scanner features, and configure scan settings to meet customer requirements.
Configuring Other Threat Prevention Options
- Identify Quarantine Manager, Exclusions by Detection Name, and Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) Detection features, and configure these feature settings to meet customer requirements.
Firewall Overview and Configuring Firewall Options
- Describe Firewall features, communicate about key Firewall terms and concepts, and configure overall Firewall Options settings to meet customer requirements.
Configuring Firewall Rules and Groups
- Identify the purpose of Firewall rules andÂ groups, and configure Firewall rules and groups toÂ meetÂ customer requirements.
Configuring Web Control
- Describe Web Control features, and configure Web Control settings to meet customer requirements.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitor the solution using dashboards, queries, reports, and threat event Â detail.
Migrating Policies and Client Tasks
- Identify the steps to migrate policies and client tasks manually and automatically.
McAfee Data Exchange Layer Overview
- Describe the Data Exchange Layer (DXL) solution and its keyÂ Â features.
McAfee Threat Intelligence Exchange Overview
- Describe the McAfee Threat Intelligence Exchange solution and its key features.
Data Exchange Layer Management and Use
- Identify and distinguish between the policies required for a DXL environment.
Threat Intelligence Exchange Management and Use
- Identify and distinguish between the policies required for a Threat Intelligence Exchange environment.
- Solution Overview
- McAfee ePolicy OrchestratorÂź (McAfee ePOâą) Server Overview
- Preparing the McAfee ePO Server
- Deploying the Client Endpoints
- Using the McAfee Endpoint Security Client
- Policy Management Overview
- Configuring Common Settings
- Threat Prevention – Configuring Access Protection
- Threat PreventionÂ – Exploit Prevention
- Threat PreventionÂ – Configuring the On-Access and On-Demand Scanners
- Configuring Other Threat Prevention Options
- Firewall Overview and Configuring Firewall Options
- Configuring Firewall Rules and Groups
- Configuring Web Control
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Migrating Policies and Client Tasks
- McAfee Data Exchange Layer Overview
- McAfee Threat Intelligence Exchange Overview
- Data Exchange Layer Management and Use
- Threat Intelligence Exchange Management and Use
- This course is intended for system and network administrators, security personnel, auditors, and/or consultants concerned with system endpoint security.
- Working knowledge of Windows and system administration, network technologies.
- Basic understanding of computer security, command line syntax, malware/anti-malware, virus/antivirus, and web technologies.
- Working knowledge of McAfee ePO