Firewall 7.1: Configure Extended Features is the next-level, follow-on course to Firewall 7.1: Install, Configure, and Manage (EDU-201). The two-day, instructor-led Firewall 7.1: Configure Extended Features course expands on 201 course topics while introducing many new features and functions of Palo Alto NetworksÂ® next-generation firewalls.
Successful completion of this two-day, instructor-led course will enhance the studentâ€™s understanding of how to configure and manage the entire line of Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls. Students also will be instructed on the basics of implementing and managing GlobalProtectâ„˘ and active/ active high availability. Students will gain an in-depth knowledge of how to optimize their visibility and control of applications, users, and content.
Module 1: Advanced Interface Configuration
- Advanced NAT
- Policy-Based Forwarding
- Routing Protocols (OSPF)
Module 2: App-IDâ„˘Â Custom Applications
- Defining New Application Signatures
- Application Override
Module 3: Advanced Content-IDâ„˘
- Custom Threat Signatures
- Data Filtering
- DoS Protection
- Botnet Report
Module 4: Advanced User-IDâ„˘
- Terminal Server Agent
- Captive Portal
- XML API
Module 5: Quality of Service
- Configuring Quality of Service
Module 6: GlobalProtectâ„˘
- Implementation of GlobalProtect
- Install and Configure Portal, Gateway, Â and Agents
Module 7: Monitoring and Reporting
- Log Forwarding
Module 8: Active/Active High Availability
- Configuring Active/Active HA
- Security Engineers, Network Engineers, and Support Staff
- Completion of Firewall 7.1: Install, Configure, and Manage (EDU-201) or equivalent experience is highly recommended.
- Students must have a basic familiarity with networking concepts, including routing, switching, IP addressing, and basic port-based security concepts.