In this three-day course, you will learn how to use basic FortiGate features, including security profiles. In interactive labs, you will explore firewall policies, user authentication, SSL VPN, dial-up IPsec VPN, and how to protect your network using security profiles such as IPS, antivirus, web filtering, application control, and more. These administration fundamentals will provide you with a solid understanding of how to implement basic network security.
- This course and the FortiGate Infrastructure course are intended to help participants prepare for the NSE 4 certiïŹcation exam.
- FortiOS 5.6.2
- Instructor-led classroom
- Instructor-led online
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Deploy the appropriate operation mode for your network.
- Use the GUI and CLI for administration.
- Identify the characteristics of the Fortinet security fabric.
- Control network access to configured networks using firewall policies.
- Apply port forwarding, source NAT and destination NAT.
- Authenticate users using firewall policies.
- Understand encryption functions and certificates.
- Inspect SSL/TLS-secured traffic to prevent encryption used to bypass security policies.
- Configure security profiles to neutralize threats and misuse, including viruses, torrents, and inappropriate websites.
- Apply application control techniques to monitor and control network applications that might use standard or non-standard protocols and ports.
- Fight hacking and denial of service (DoS)
- Defend against data leaks by identifying files with sensitive data, and block them from leaving your private network.
- Offer an SSL VPN for secure access to your private network.
- Implement a dial-up IPsec VPN tunnel between FortiGate and FortiClient.
- Collect and interpret log entries.
- Introduction to FortiGate and the Security Fabric
- Firewall Policies
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Firewall Authentication
- Logging and Monitoring
- CertiïŹcate Operations
- Web Filtering
- Application Control
- Intrusion Prevention and Denial of Service
- SSL VPN
- Dial-Up IPsec VPN
- Data Leak Prevention (DLP)
- Networking and security professionals involved in the management, conïŹguration, administration, and monitoring of FortiGate devices used to secure their organizationsâ networks.
- Participants should have a thorough understanding of all the topics covered in the FortiGate Security course before attending the FortiGate Infrastructure course.
- Knowledge of network protocols
- Basic understanding of ïŹrewall concepts