The Serverless Architectures with AWS training course teaches you how to build serverless applications on AWS – applications that do not require the developer to provision, scale, or manage any servers. Using an event-driven approach and AWS Lambda as the primary service, the course explains the many benefits of serverless architectures.
By the end of the course, you will be ready to create and run your first serverless application that takes advantage of the high availability, security, performance, and scalability of AWS. With this new architecture, you will be able to focus on your product instead of worrying about managing and operating servers to run it.
Serverless Architectures with AWS begins with an introduction to the serverless model and helps you get started with AWS. You’ll also get to grips with other capabilities of the AWS Serverless Platform and see how AWS supports enterprise-grade serverless applications with and without Lambda.
This course will guide you through deploying your first serverless project and exploring the capabilities of serverless Amazon Athena, an interactive query service that makes it easy to analyze data in Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) using standard SQL. Youâll also learn about AWS Glue, a fully managed extract, transfer, and load (ETL) service that makes categorizing data easy and cost-effective. You’ll study how Amazon Kinesis makes it possible to unleash the potential of real-time data insights and analytics with capabilities such as Kinesis Data Streams, Kinesis Data Firehose, and Kinesis Data Analytics. Last but not least, youâll be equipped to combine Amazon Kinesis capabilities with AWS Lambda to create lightweight serverless architectures.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explore AWS services for supporting a serverless environment
- Set up AWS services to make applications scalable and highly available
- Deploy a static website with a serverless architecture
- Build your first serverless web application
- Study the changes in a deployed serverless web application
- Apply best practices to ensure overall security, availability, and reliability
Lesson 1: AWS, Lambda, and Serverless Applications
- The Serverless Model
- Introduction to AWS
- AWS Lambda
Lesson 2: Working with the AWS Serverless Platform
- Amazon S3
- S3 and Lambda Integration
- API Gateway
- Other Native Services
Lesson 3: Building and Deploying a Media Application
- Designing a Media Web Application â from Traditional to Serverless
- Building a Simple Serverless Media Web Application
- Deployment Options in the Serverless Architecture
Lesson 4: Serverless Amazon Athena and the AWS Glue Data Catalog
- Amazon Athena
- AWS Glue
Lesson 5: Real-Time Data Insights Using Amazon Kinesis
- Amazon Kinesis
- Amazon Kinesis Data Streams
- Amazon Kinesis Firehose
- Amazon Kinesis Data Analytics
Serverless Architectures with AWS is for you if you want to develop serverless applications and have some prior coding experience. Though no prior experience of AWS is needed, basic knowledge of Java or Node.js will be an added advantage.
For the optimal student experience, we recommend the following hardware configuration:
- Processor: i5 or equivalent
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Hard disk: 35 GB available space
- Operating System: Windows 7 or above
- AWS Free Tier account
- Network access on ports 22 and 80